- my nephew. holy hell, he's almost two years old but hot damn. i'm pretty sure he's smarter than all of us put together.
- longman and eagle. i spent a delightful afternoon there drinking old fashioned, eating delicious food, reading and chatting with the bartenders about my book and tattoos and whether or not portland is really like portlandia. (i never anticipated how often i'd be asked this.)
- seeing my friend cheryl. we don't get to talk nearly enough and it was nice to catch up in person.
- visiting my favorite antique store, the one i've been going to since i was 15.
- our friends syndy and colleen. i was all ready to do a friday friends post last week about them but slept all day when i arrived home. you'd have heard all the reasons why they are two of my favorite people in the world, one of my very favorite branches in my chosen family tree.
- my parents. despite the fact that they did not see me at my best both times they saw me, i'm pretty sure they still love me.
- getting to spend many days with kateri, although not nearly enough. it was nice that one of the days was saturday, just like old times.
i'm sorry to everyone i didn't get to see. next time, i promise.